Join the Katzcy Team!
Katzcy Is Currently Seeking Qualified Candidates For The Following Positions
Katzcy seeks a part-time, virtual Cyber Games Engineer to join our team. Your main focus will be on helping plan and run cyber games for practice and tournaments this includes but not limited to content development, testing, and review of CTF challenges, planning attack and defense tournaments, and helping manage various game platforms as needed. You will contribute to our Events team and report to the Director of Games and Technology. Coverage is flexible and will likely be mostly outside normal U.S. working hours and on weekends.
The ideal candidate loves a challenge and is not afraid of tackling new projects and learning new tools.
If you are an experienced cyber gamer, who is flexible, team-oriented, and deadline conscious, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you.
Who is Katzcy?
We are a technology-focused marketing agency with a team of tech-savvy marketing experts who use an integrated approach to help our clients grow. We aren’t your typical marketing agency. We’re a growth coach, champion, and accelerator. We get to know our clients and their products and then use our experience selling, marketing, and consulting to help them make an immediate impact.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Act as a technical resource in support of all PlayCyber programs and games.
- Deliver clean written, functional, well-structured and well-tested pentest case studies in the form of deployable machines.
- Help coordinate and create game documentation such as requirements, player instructions, rules sets, and scoring.
- Assist in aligning challenges/game elements with global frameworks and articulating the skills required to complete successfully
- Assist coaches on athlete training when needed, such as during camps, practices, etc
- Knowledge of or ability to learn quickly various different game platforms to help with incorporating and operating as a training environments
- Create training material documentation, with the ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate development across multiple internal members/outsourced contractors when needed.
- Contribute to grants and papers regarding creating a cybersecurity sport.
- Support help requests during tournaments via Discord and other platforms.
- Participate and offer technical support in ongoing and future events we conduct.
- Complete large pre-planned tasks in an efficient manner.
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams (content engineering, sales, marketing) to tackle complex issues and provide subject matter expert (SME) guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Take business goals into account when creating content and making technical decisions.
- Able to take on unplanned work and bug fixes/maintenance when needed.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, inclusive personality that is supportive of all stakeholders
- Previous experience playing and participating in CTFs and related cybersecurity challenges
- Familiarity with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws.
- Solid understanding of fundamental application security building blocks such as: authentication, authorization, data validation, encryption, exception handling and logging.
- Experience with basic development and/or scripting languages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Familiarity with current systems software, protocols, and security standards used in enterprise ecosystems.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Minimum rank of Pro Hacker in HackTheBox
- Previous experience in organizing CTFs.
- Contributions to the security community (public research, coding projects, blogging, presentations, disclosures etc)
- Deep understanding of client-server architecture and web technologies.
- Experienced with several programming paradigms.
- Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment.
- Familiarity with cloud security technologies/controls and best practices.
- Familiarity with micro-services, containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), and/or cloud deployment technologies.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies. (VMWare Workstation, ESXi, vCenter)
- Basic understanding of networking configurations.
- Prior system administration and/or pentesting-related work experience.
- Solid understanding of PowerShell’s core features, including the command model, object-based pipeline, and scripting.
- Familiarity with Windows system programming and Windows internals.
This position is fully remote. We are a bring your own device (BYOD) office and candidates need to provide a computer and phone.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.